September 14, 2012 by apettit1023
Sometimes I get bored…..and most times that happens – I bake.
Here is tonight’s bordem baking outcome:
- 1/2 cup margarine, room temperature
- 1/3 cup agave syrup
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1 cup instant oats
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup wheat bran
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- 2 tbsp dutch cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Combine egg whites, sugar, agave and margarine in a bowl and whisk together until almost all margarine has been broken down.
- In a separate bowl, add dry ingredients (+ vanilla) and mix together until fully combined.
- Add dry mixture into the egg and sugar and whisk until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips! Maybe some shredded coconut next time too…
- Place dollops of mixture onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. These cookies aren’t very “dough-y” because of all of the liquids, they’re more batter-y so don’t worry!
- Bake for 12 minutes or until cookies are firm! Remove from heat and slide the parchment paper directly onto cooling rack.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes before digging in!
NOTES: next time — I will remember to add vanilla…and I am going to test out using baking powder instead, since they’re a bit on the cake-y side.