September 9, 2012 by apettit1023
Don’t you hate when you’re trying to whip up a batch of cookies and they just don’t turn out right? Well my friend had that issue a couple weeks ago so I helped her out by baking some for her friend’s birthday. I used my gluten free peanut butter cookie recipe as the base and then altered it a bit to fit what she had in her pantry! Here ya go:
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl until smooth.
- Spoon tablespoons onto a nonstick cookie sheet and flatten a little bit before putting in the oven.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until top of cookies are firm.
- Let cool for a couple minutes before moving to a cooling rack.