September 9, 2012 by apettit1023
Who doesn’t love brownies?? And who doesn’t love fudge?? Not this girl that’s for sure. I found these on Runner’s World magazine site (original recipe: http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-242-303-504-5205-0,00.html) and then made some of my own changes – check it out 🙂 Super healthy, as always!
- 1 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp margarine
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1/3 cup wheat germ
- 1/3 cup fat free dry milk
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 egg whites (I used the carton kind)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place a small glass bowl over a half-filled pot of water, place chocolate and butter in the bowl and bring to a boil. Melt until fully mixed.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine dry ingredients except sugar.
- In another bowl, mix egg whites with sugar and vanilla. Slowly add in chocolate and dry ingredients.
- Mix together until batter consistency and then pour into an 8×8 or 9×9 nonstick pan (or greased glass pan).
- Bake for 20-35 minutes until edges slowly separate from edge.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for another 20 minutes before cutting into these babies!