September 9, 2012 by apettit1023
Gluten free, dairy free, packed with protein and can even be made sugar free!! Did you love those chickpea cookies I posted a couple weeks ago? Well here are some brownies made with black beans! Guaranteed moist, chocolate-y taste without all the added fat and calories.
- 1 15.5oz can of black beans rinsed and drained
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- a little less than 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Combine black beans, eggs, oil, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla extract, sugar and instant coffee and blend until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into an 8×8 nonstick pan and place in oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove when the top is dry and the edges start to pull away from the pan.
- Let cool in pan for 20 minutes before cutting in!!
oh and an added note: be sure to store these in the fridge to keep them fresh!!